Blog post #10

Reflection on Simulations 58 - 75

To be honest, I am not sure what I get from this section is exactly what was on Baudrillard's mind. The section is way too complicated, at least for me. 

Still, if I understand correctly, I believe in this section, Baudrillard discusses about wars, and how nuclear weapons are simulation of pacification. Opening the section, he claims "the nuclear is the apotheosis of simulation." In my opinion, because of its terrific destruction and killing capability, nuclear weapons nowadays act as a symbol of power, a simulation of annihilation that spreads fear, deterring real wars from taking place, with end goals still being achieved its owners. 

And still, the text is too much!!!!!!! Never have I read anything this confusing!




----------------------

Update on Project

I've been experimenting with Logic Pro recording software and it's been great progress. I started understanding fundamentals of music production. I also borrowed my friend's keyboard and tried recording different samples of random sounds from things that I found around me (coins, scissors, water, etc.). 

Comments

Popular Posts