Blog post #8: 

For this music project, I find Kurt Hugo Schneider to be one of my biggest inspirer. He is a music producer, famous for his music videos in which he used unique objects as instruments for his song.


In this video, he recorded a cover of "Old town road" using only sounds made by dogs (barking sound, licking sound, etc.) and a vocalist (of course!). He first recorded samples that he thought sound nice and then pitch that samples over his keyboard in order to produce different pitches using the same sound. In the following video, he used the same techniques but with household items he found in IKEA.


I realized that technologies have been so advanced that we can make music with anything around us, even then they are not music instruments. Kurt's ideas really inspire me to be more free with my approach towards music.

Comments

  1. so cool and creative. I am always curious on this type of music making process. The art will just being created from an accident sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts